Our new topic for this term is Potions. The topic description is:
"This project has a science focus and teaches children about the changing state of materials including solids, liquids and gases. At the heart of this project children write autobiographies and biographies
of famous scientists and develop additional skills in recording investigations and fair tests using scientific formats and vocabulary. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding
by creating their own fruit juice products to sell in the gift shop ‘Potions’ using what they have learnt about materials and their changing properties.
In this project the children will learn:
• About processes which change the state of a range of materials including freezing, melting, boiling, drying, dissolving and burning;
• How materials can be separated by filtering and sieving;
• How we use these processes in our everyday lives;
• How to carry out fair tests and investigations;
• About the features of autobiographical and biographical writing and how to use these to write about themselves and others;
• How to carry out tests and investigations safely and with attention to detail;
• How to use maths including measures and money in a real life context."
Our literacy topic is Romeo and Juliet.
In maths we will be focusing on fractions, decimals, percentages and ratio.
Our PE days are Wednesday and Friday and we will be covering Health, Fitness and Well-being and PESS Dance.