Unique Visitors

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Lead Creative Schools - Session 2

We had our second session with Gareth today in our Lead Creative Schools, To Catch a Dream project. Our school is being given the task of exploring and capturing the world of the fairies in 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.

We started off with a recap of our knowledge of the play and then moved into the hall to do some warm-up games. We warmed up our bodies and face muscles. We also played a game to create an ensemble feeling among the class by learning to act as one.

We then moved onto playing with character - acting out curiosity, astonishment and mischief. These are all qualities that could be labelled towards Puck.

We finished by working in pairs to develop individual personality characteristics. We walked around imagining that we were being led by our noses/toes etc... We then played around with ways of doing this, normally and in funnier, larger ways. Our partners then shadowed us, mimicking our movements as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. I reallyou loved it thank you gareth for coming in the part I didn't really like was when we did the wonder and all of that thing but thing I enjoyed was finding are partner because I was with eliza,farrah and ellie.d. Thank you gareth and Sir



    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved it thank you gareth for coming in the part I didn't really like was when we did the wonder and all of that thing but the thing I really enjoyed was picking are on partners because I was with eliza,ellie.d and farrah thank you gareth and Sir for planning this is really want to do it again.






    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved it thank you gareth for coming in the part I didn't really like was when we did the wonder and all of that thing but the thing I really enjoyed was picking are on partners because I was with eliza,ellie.d and farrah thank you gareth and Sir for planning this is really want to do it again.






    Melissa

    ReplyDelete